Research group of Speech and Mobile Technologies in Telecommunications is part of Department of Electronics and Multimedia Communications which belongs to Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics of the Technical University of Košice (FEI TU). The research is focused on the problems of speech processing and advanced mobile technologies usable in a broad range of scope (telecommunications, robotics, police, justice …).
prof. Ing. Anton Čižmár, PhD., doc. Ing. Ľubomír Doboš, PhD., Ing. Stanislav Ondáš, PhD., Ing. Ján Papaj, PhD., Ing. Matúš Pleva, PhD., Ing. Daniel Hládek, PhD., Ing. Martin Lojka, PhD., Ing. Ján Staš, PhD., Ing. Eva Kiktová, PhD., Ing. Peter Viszlay, PhD.
Speech technologies for enabling and simplifying human-to-human and human-to-computer speech communication:
- Large vocabulary continuous speech recognition
- Text-to-speech synthesis
- Stochastic acoustic and language modeling
- Acoustic and text corpora for training and testing
- Dialogue modeling and management
- Natural language processing
- Advanced algorithms and programming
New mobile ad-hoc networks, which would be particularly applicable in intelligent rural environments (Smart City – Factory – Building – Home):
- Routing algorithms for opportunistic networks, which enable the integration of the localization algorithms to the routing process
- New contextual routing protocols
- Methods of cooperation in opportunistic networks with the localization process in routing process.
- QoS mechanisms, applicable in the routing process in opportunistic networks and integration of these algorithms to the routing process.
Research in real life
INDECT - 7th FP EU- Intelligent information system supporting observation, searching and detection for security of citizens in urban environment, 2009-2013, More about project→
Modular Intelligent Robotic Systems, ERDF EU - ITMS 26220220141, 2011-2014
Centre of Competence, ERDF EU - ITMS 26220220155, 2012- 2014
University Science Park Technicom, ERDF EU - ITMS 26220220182, 2013 - 2015
UI SAV - Department of Speech Analysis and Synthesis from Institute of Informatic (SK)
AGH - University of Science and Technology
GUT - Gdansk University of Technology
PUT - Poznan University of Technology
UNI - University of Miskolc
ZŤS VVÚ KOŠICE a.s.