Intelligent information system supporting observation, searching and detection for security of citizens in urban environment –
The purpose of the INDECT project is to involve European scientists and researchers in the development of solutions to and tools for automatic threat detection.
The primary objective is to develop advanced and innovative algorithms for human decision support in combating terrorism and other criminal activities, such as human trafficking, child pornography, detection of dangerous situations (e.g. robberies) and the use of dangerous objects (e.g. knives or guns) in public spaces. Efficient tools for dealing with such situations are crucial to ensuring the safety of citizens.
A significant part of the project is dedicated to the development of tools and methods for data and privacy protection. The processed information is protected before its transmission or storage to prevent any attempts at unauthorized access. Dedicated tools are being developed to protect citizens’ privacy in areas covered by visual monitoring systems..
The main goals
The main objective of the research project is to contribute INDECT through innovation and technology to increase security for all citizens in the European Union. The main expected benefits of the project INDECT include:
- test operation for intelligent analysis of video and audio data to detect threats in an urban environment.
- Creating tools and technologies for privacy and data protection in the storage and transmission of information using quantum cryptography and new methods of digital watermarks.
- Design computer aided detection of threats and targeted crime online resources while maintaining privacy.
- Construction of a semantic search engine for fast searches based on watermarking content related to child pornography and trafficking in human organs.
The implementation of a distributed computer system that will be able to perform effective intelligent processing.
- Partneri projektu
The Main partners
The list of the INDECT partners:
- Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza (PL)
- Fachhochschule Wien (AT)
- Politechnika Gdańska (PL)
- InnoTec DATA GmbH & Co.DE)
- IP Grenoble (Ensimag) (FRA)
- Komenda Główna Policji (PL)
- MOVIQUITY (ES)
- Products and Systems of Information Technology PSI (DE)
- Police Service of Northern Ireland (UK)
- Politechnika Poznańska (PL)
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (ES)
- Technical University of Sofia (BG)
- University of Wuppertal UNIWUP (DE)
- University of York UNIYORK (UK)
- Technical University of Ostrava (CZ)
- Technical University of Košice (SK)
- X-Art Pro Division G.m.b.H. (AT)