Mgr. Jana Fortes, PhD.
Address: Vysokoškolská 4
Room number: 120B
UWB radar signal processing aimed at detection and tracking of persons moving behind obstacles as well as breathing detection and localization of motionless persons; data fusion for UWB sensor networks, SAR measurements.
UWB_SS – 26000285 – UWB sensor networks
AK – 2611221 – Applied cryptography
Education and degrees
Philosophiae Doctor – Technical university of Košice, Slovak Republic, 2009
Magister – University of Pavol Jozef Šafárik in Košice, Slovak Republic, 2006
UWB-SeNet – Short-Range UWB Sensor Networks for Detection, Localization and Tracking of Moving Persons, VEGA No. 1/0563/13, 01/2013-12/2015, Slovak Republic.
UWB-RSS – Development of experimental measurement apparatuses and multimedial e-learning textbook for the purpose of the education process support in the field of UWB radar system, KEGA No. 010TUKE-4/2012, 01/2012-12/2013, SK.
CE-FEI-II – Development of the Center of Information and Communication Technologies for Knowledge Systems, ITMS project code: 26220120030, 2010-2013, Slovak Republic.
TW-MTT-UWB – Through wall tracking of multiple targets by UWB radar systems, APVV, LPP-0080-09, 2009-2012, SK.
UWB-BSS – Development of experimental measurement apparatuses and multimedial e-learning textbook for the purpose of the education process support in the field of wireless UWB sensor networks, KEGA No. 3/7523/09, 2009-2011, SK.
CE-FEI-I – Centre of Information and Communication Technologies for Knowledge Systems, ITMS project code: 26220120020, 2009-2010,Slovak Republic.
COST Action IC0803: RF/Microwave Communication Subsystems for Emerging Wireless Technologies, project COST IC0803, 2008-2012, EU.
RADIOTECT – Ultra Wideband Radio Application for Localisation of Hidden People and Detection of Unauthorised Objects, project 6RP EÚ, COOP-CT-2006, Contract Number: 032744, 2007-2009, EU.
DSP-UWB-RAD – Digital signal processing for target detection and tracking in UWB radars, APVV, LPP-0287-06, 2006-2009, Slovak Republic.
EuRAD YOUNG ENGINEER PRIZE awarded to Jana Rovňáková for the paper „Short Range Tracking of Moving Persons by UWB Sensor Network“ at 14th European Microwave Week, October 14, 2011, Manchester, UK.
Prize for the best presentation awarded to Jana Rovňáková for the paper „Multiple Target Tracking System for Through Wall Application“ at Scientific Conference of Young Researchers, May 19, 2010, Košice, Slovakia.
Interactive poster session prize awarded to J. Sachs, M. Aftanas, S. Crabbe, M. Drutarovský, R.Klukas, D. Kocur, T.T. Nguyen, P. Peyerl, J. Rovňáková and E. Zaikov for the paper „Detection and Tracking of moving and Trapped People Hidden by Obstacles using Ultra-Wideband Pseudo-Noise Radar“ at European Radar Conference, Oct. 2008, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Prize for the best presentation awarded to Jana Rovňáková for the paper „Compensation of Wall Effect for Through Wall Moving Target Localization by UWB Radar“ at Scientific Conference of Young Researchers, May 28, 2008, Košice, Slovakia.
Radioelektronika student prize awarded to Jana Rovňáková for the paper „Signal Processing for Through Wall Moving Target Tracking by M-sequence UWB Radar“ at The 18th international Conference RADIOELEKTRONIKA, April 2008, Prague, Czech Republic
- J. Rovňáková, and D. Kocur, “TOA Estimation and Data Association for Through Wall Tracking of Moving Targets,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, The special issue: Radar and Sonar Sensor Networks, Vol. 2010, pp. 1-11, September 2010 (CC journal).
- J. Rovňáková, “Complete signal processing for through wall tracking of moving targets,” LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, September 2010, (http://www.amazon.com/Complete-processing-through-tracking-targets/dp/3843360170/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287044758&sr=1-2).
- Dušan Kocur, Jana Rovňáková, „Short-Range Tracking of Moving Targets by Handheld UWB Radar System“, chapter in Microwave and Milimeter Wave Circuits and Systems – Emerging Design, Technologies and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Chichester, December 11, 2012 (http://www.amazon.com/Microwave-Millimeter-Wave-Circuits-Systems/dp/1119944945).
- Dušan Kocur, Jana Rovňáková, Daniel Urdzík, „Multiple Moving Target Tracking by UWB Radar Sensor Network“, chapter in Handbook of Ultra-Wideband Short-Range Sensing, authored/edited by Juergen Sachs, Wiley-VCH, January 22, 2013. (http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Ultra-Wideband-Short-Range-Sensing-Sachs/dp/3527408533/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1346159607&sr=1-2&keywords=radar+sachs)
- Kocur, D., Gamec, J., Gamcová, M., Rovňáková, J., Urdzík, D.,”UWB bezdrôtové senzorové siete, “ Technical university of Košice, Slovakia, July 2012, 120 p. ISBN 987-80-553-0918-7 (https://moodle.tuke.sk/moodle202/course/view.php?id=70).
- J. Rovňáková , D. Kocur, „UWB Radar Signal Processing for Positioning of Persons Changing Their Motion Activity“. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, Vol. 10, No. 3, 2013.
- Dušan Kocur, Jana Rovňáková, Daniel Urdzík: „Short-Range UWB Radar Application: Problem of Mutual Shadowing between Targets“. Elektrorevue, ISSN 1213-1539, Volume 2, Number 4, pp. 37-43, December 2011.
- J. Rovňáková , D. Kocur, „UWB Radar Signal Processing for Positioning of Persons Changing Their Motion Activity“. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, Vol. 10, No. 3, 2013, pp. 165-184.
- J. Rovňáková , and D. Kocur, “Compensation of Wall Effect for Through Wall Tracking of Moving Targets,” Radioengineering journal: Special Issue on Workshop of the COST Action IC0803, Volume 18, Number 2, pp. 189-195, June 2009.
- D. Kocur, J. Rovňáková, and M. Švecová, “Through Wall Tracking of Moving Targets by M‐Sequence UWB Radar,” The Springer’s book series “Studies in Computational Intelligence“ with volume title „Computational Intelligence in Engineering“, Volume 243, pages 349-364, ISSN 1860-949X, 2009.
- J. Rovňáková , D. Kocur, „Experimental comparison of two UWB radar systems for through-wall tracking application“. Acta Electrotechnica et Informatica, ISSN 1335-8243, Vol. 12, No. 2, April – June 2012, pp. 59-66.
- D. Kocur, J. Gamec, M. Švecová, M. Gamcová, J. Rovňáková, „Imaging Method: An Efficient Algorithm for Moving Target Tracking by UWB Radar“. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, Volume 7, Number 3, pages 6-24, October 2010.
- J. Rovňáková , and D. Kocur, “Through-Wall Tracking of Moving Persons by UWB Sensor Network,” The 8th European Radar Conference (EuRAD 2012), Amsterdam, The Netherlands , October 2012, pp. 226 – 229.
- D. Kocur , J. Rovňáková and D. Urdzík, “Experimental Analyses of Mutual Shadowing Effect for Multiple Target Tracking by UWB Radar,” IEEE 7th International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing (WISP 2011), pages 91-94, Floriana, Malta, September 2011.
- J. Rovňáková, and D. Kocur, “TOA association for handheld UWB radar,” The 11th International Radar Symposium (IRS 2010), Vilnius, Lithuania, June 2010.